My Girls

My Girls

Thursday, September 2, 2010

in the beginning............

I bent to unlock the door, noticing that the closed sign was now turned to open and whoosh!  The sign began to spin amongst the rosemary like a water spout-up, up, up the petals flew.  It spun faster and faster and faster until I could no longer detect the words and then I heard her hoot!  And then I saw her, squinting, she was brought into focus, on top of the sign, a circle of curls standing straight out from her head as her eyes were closed in delight.  Mossy had hitched a ride to work and work (believe me) is never the same with Mossy!

I inhaled deeply as I chuckled over the show and opened the door to heaven (or at least the way heaven MUST be going to smell).   The first few moments of entering Garden Style are a delight to the senses!  Purple stock, regal snapdragons, hydrangeas so large it takes two hands to fully hold them, pinks, and corals, and blues, and greens, in shapes and shades that defy one's imagination.  Here's where I met her, I am thinking.    Here's where her story begins.........  but then the phone is ringing and answer I must.  Someone needs a flower to give, a day to brighten.  The beginning will have to hold for the day has begun.  Mossy and I have some lovelies to create and fairy dust to scatter........

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Girls

My Girls
Snippets of an addle-pated mind and her wee little gnome friend, Mossy.

Wrap up tight in caution tape
and enter with care
for the tales of the two are
quite simply....

BEYOND COMPARE!