My Girls

My Girls

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Gobble Gobble

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Drinking Game

Bucket List:  #1 Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.   What can I say?   Childhood dreams are just sometimes as real at 54 as they were at seven!   Look at those tail feathers!  Look at his hat and the twinkle in his eyes!  Okay, I get it.  As my son stated Thursday...."ENOUGH WITH THE PARADE!" 

Did you gobble til you wobbled?  Mossy did.  I awoke excited-the first to get up or so I thought.  I opened the frig door for a touch of cream and there she was looking a little frost-bitten.  "Mossy, why are you sitting on the turkey?"  Absolutely not a word came from her tiny blue lips.  "Mossssssyyyyy, are you okay?"  I cried as I shook her by the shoulders and this time a large very ungnome-like burp came from those blue lips.  Which then smacked, as she sprang from the turkey to the shelf above.  Now I say, sprang.  Nope.  It was an attempt to spring but splat and wobble was a much more realistic description.  Mossy promptly winked, stretched out on the shelf using a stick of butter for a pillow and asked that I shut the door.  I did.  But not before, I heard her say, "Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a goodnight!"

Confused? 

As I snickered and sipped coffee, I thought of our fast-paced holiday season.  Turkeys are running rampant all through my house.  That is, momentarily.    How quickly, though, will they jump in their box, head for a shelf and make way for reindeer?  Do we not watch Tom the Turkey's float roll by only to conclude with Santa and his sleigh?  Now I'm not trying to suggest we oust Santa from the parade.....just  this one wish...............savor the moment.  Mossy was.  She stopped to enjoy her turkey.  I wish for you the same.    So, from Mossy & me.........Happy Thanksgiving!  May you stop and enjoy your turkey time!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with Mossy! Savor the moments with friends and family. Thanksgiving could be the calm before the storm. Remain calm and carry ON! Let us know when Mossy starts making plans for Christmas.,,, Inky

    ReplyDelete

My Girls

My Girls
Snippets of an addle-pated mind and her wee little gnome friend, Mossy.

Wrap up tight in caution tape
and enter with care
for the tales of the two are
quite simply....

BEYOND COMPARE!